Friday, 16 August 2013

Exaggerate your features makeup tutorial 1: Lips

Hello Beauties!
I am going to do a series of makeup tutorials that all help you make your best feature stand out! I am doing 4 tutorials : lips, eyes 1 , eyes 2 and eyebrows. Today ( as you can tell from the title) I will be showing you lips :) lets get started! 
 First off, make your skin look AMAZE;) I am starting off using Maybeline dream fresh BB cream in light. 
 Secondly I am using the benefit boi ing concealer. I am applying this under my eyes and on blemishes and red areas. I used a mix of both colours.  




 Finally I am using the benefit 'me vain? ' powder in champagne. I applied this mainly to the apples of my cheeks and then all over my face. 
 Before 
 After.

Now onto the lips. Use a LIPSTICK not a lipgloss. I am using a pinky red colour. Do not use a pale colour- colours to make your lips pop would be a bubblegum pink, a dark pink, red or pinky red . For inspiration as to what colour, look at pics of Rita Ora especially from a few years ago. She really wore bright   lips then! 
 Use the lipstick not the lipgloss! 

I am not actually sure what lipstick I am using, I got it when I was quite young as we needed it for a school production. It says on the lipstick 'spectacular' but I do not know if this is the brand, range of lipsticks or the colour name of the lipstick. I would think its the range of lipsticks though. 



For eyes, I am using the benefit 'they're real' mascara( surprise surprise) . We want to tone down the rest of our features so the lips really stand out. 
Next , just sweep a neutral colour over your eyelids. Mine is a colour from the sleek palette, but any neutral will do. 

Now to give your lids a fresh , glossy look, dab a tiny bit of Vaseline on your lids. It makes them shine slightly. Trust me, it adds to the look! 
Eyes done! 

Now do not pencil in your eyebrows ( you can lightly if you are insecure about them ) just shape them with an eyebrow brush / comb. Mine is from boots. 

 The whole look! Your eyes should be drawn to my lips coz of the colour. 
Ta dah!

Hope you liked this tutorial, look out for eye makeup tutorials and eyebrows! 
Ta ta!xxxxxxx









 

8 comments:

  1. Love your brows! This is a great tutorial!!
    Now following you :) follow back at abitgraceful.blogspot.com
    xx Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thankyou <3 i'll check out your blog now! :) xx

      Delete
  2. You are so pretty! Love this tutorial! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! That means a lot coz I love your blog! :)
      xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I love the color you chose on your lips! Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial at "That's My Style" link party this week. I do hope you'll join in next week! Excited to see what else you share. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked it! xxx

      Delete
  4. You look so great! :) xx

    Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin’ and I'll follow back! Pop over to my blog to let me know if you followed me and to say hi! :)
    Amelia Bedelia

    Amelia Bedelia on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I will check out your blog now x

      Delete

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.