Sunday, 29 December 2013

2013 Favourites Part 1 : Beauty

Heyy! Its phoebs :)
2013 is almost at an end and soon we will be diving into 2014. Thats CRAZY. I love doing favourites posts and I do not think I did one last month, but this 2 Part Special will make up for that! I am doing this in catagories, I think thats the best way to do this. 

Makeup
Foundation/BB Cream - benefit Oxygen wow foundation. This is a light liquid foundation, but with medium coverage. Also it stays on all day! It has been featured a lot in my blog haha

Concealer - Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. You all should know how much I love my benefit bo ing concealer , but Collections Range in general has really surprised me, especially this concealer!

Blush - Benefits Rockateur Blush. I only got this in november but whenever I wear blush, I go to this. Sometimes I use it to contour slightly. Its such a beautiful product, love love love! 

Eyeshadow - Sleek Eyeshadow Palletes. Err mi god, £8.99 for 12 gorgeous coloured, pigmented shades? Bargin. I think sleek is only avaliable in the Uk, so sorry about that :( but boots now stock sleek, so it could become more widely avaliable :) 

Cream Eyeshadow - Maybelline Colour Tattoos. These are always getting duped for thr mac paintpots, and they are only £4.99. These are so easy to work with, theres colours for everyone and stay on the whole time. 

Eyeliner - Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl Eyeliner. I have done a review on this, and I think it is one of my most popular posts , so scroll to the bottom of this page and a link to get to it should be there :)

Mascara - Benefit They're Real Mascara. I have done a comparison with this mascara to my favourite drugstore one, so check that out here :http://geekchicnotes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/benefit-real-mascara-vs-maybelline.html 
Seriously , this mascara beats all mascara. I got 2 tubes for xmas, and they will be used up pretty soon ! =D 

Lip product - I only really got into lip products this year, and I have loved every single one I tried! I go back to my babylips a lot and my Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick. But I love all my lip products! I think next year I am going to branch out and try a red lippie :0 

Shower 

Shampoo - The amount of shampoos I have gone through this year is ridiculous! I love my current one though, the Tressemme Naturals Shampoo

Conditioner - I like to apply things in their sets, so I love the Tresseme Naturals Conditioner too. But the Loreal Elvive hair mask is so perfect, I am just too impatient to use it every wash haha. 

Shower Gel - Nivea Pearl and Beauty. It is so creamy and smells so luxourious. The scent lasts ages as well. I always feel squeaky clean after using it ;)

Body Lotion - Vasaline Spray and Go, this was my summer STAPLE. 


Face 

Cleanser - I have religiously used the simple cleansing lotion - I love it! Its so quick and easy

Eye makeup remover - Garnier Fresh Essentials Eyemakeup Remover , again, its quick and easy, does the job well and I can do it on my dressing table :)

Daily face wash - Tea Tree and Whitch Hazel Foaming Face Wash - you guys will of never heard me talk about this as I used it before Geek Chic Notes started. It leaves your skin feeling sososooso smooth, I'm not too sure why I dont use it now....hmmm

Exfoliator - Garnier Pure Active Anti Blackhead Exfoliating wash. I use this 3 times a week, just to unclog pores and just tackle my skins problems really! Its fab for the price 

Moisturiser - Garnier Moisture Match for Normal Skin. I have gone through 3 bottles of this stuff! I love the scent and it leaves my face with the perfect amount of moisture. 


Hair 

Shampoo and conditioner - see above ;)

product - John Frieda Sheer Blonde Lightening Spray. I used this all over my hair in the summer, then I used it on the ends for a dip dyed effect. I still do this once. A week. As long as you use it woth nourishing products, your hair doesnt get too dry (unless you have dry hair, then avoid this!) I love the affect it gives on my hair. 

Accessory - The doughnut. This you put to make your bun more volumous. My post on how to use it : 
http://geekchicnotes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/bun-tutorials-happyhair2.html
Im modelling a doughnut today ;)


So thats it for part 1! Without my blog, I do not think I would of discovered half of these products. But more of the mushy stuff in part 2 ;)
Byeeeeee! xxx 






2 comments:

  1. Fab picks! Totally agree with the Sleek eyeshadow palettes thing, they are the best makeup discovery I've made so far. Lovely blog!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I could not live without my sleek palletes now =D thank you, glad you enjoyed the post! xx

      Delete

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.