Sunday, 22 December 2013

Third Day of Festivity! Baking

Heyy! Its phoebs :)
Its the penultimate post of this series! To make sure you havent missed the other posts, read them here. 
Day 1: Xmas Decorations 
http://geekchicnotes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/first-day-of-festivity-decorations.html


Day 2: Festive Sparkles Makeup Tutorial             http://geekchicnotes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/second-day-of-festivity-festive.html

To find out whats happening tomorrow, Check out this post :
http://geekchicnotes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/four-days-of-festivity.html

Now you are all linked up, lets start the baking! So I made fairy cakes, but once everything was mixed, I seperated the mixture into 2 and in one bowl I added cocoa to make chocolate cupcakes. Then to bake them I put the 2 mixtures back together to make marble cupcakes. I love making fairy cakes as it is so quick , easy and you can really make them your own. 

Cream the butter and sugar together
*trying a bit too much of it*
Stir in both eggs , one after each other.
It needs to be smooth so I did end up using an electric whisk
Add flour and mix.
Sperate mixture in two. Keep one the same and add cocoa to the other and mix. 
Add 1 tablespoon of milk to each mixture
Put in cupcake cases together.
Put in oven for 10-15 mins (180 degrees)
Mmmm! (My mums cinamon swirls in the background haha) 



I just made glace icing (water and icing sugar) to ice the cakes, and here they are! 


It says merry xmas by the way 





I hope you enjoyed my baking, it was really fun for me anyways! Keep checking my blog tomorrow, it should be good ;)
Merry Christmas! xxxxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.