Friday, 31 January 2014

Valentines day makeup tutorial

Heyy! Its phoebs :)
This is kinda short notice for valentines day but hopefully this helps all of you taken girlies on your date! Lets jump into this ;) 

Finished look. 



To start with I am priming my face with the benefit pore-fessional. I think this is great in small amounts. It tends to break me out more, but the product works so give it a chance :)
Then I am using concealer on my blemishes. This is a benefit concealer and I am applying this with my real techniques detailer brush.


Then I am applying my Collection Colour Match foundation and I am applying this with my real techniques buffing brush. 
Progress so far :)
Then I am applying collection illuminating touch concealer under my eyes to brighten them. 
Now finally I am putting my stay matte powder over my face. I concentrate this mainly where I put concealer, to avoid having to touch up.
(If you want to apply bronzer and a natural pinky blush. I just forgot to when making this look. Keep your contouring subtle though!) 

Now the eyes. I am applying 'spontaneous' from my stila In The Moment pallete. Its a gorgeous gold colour. I am really packing this on for maximum colour. 
Then from my sleek au naturel pallete I am applying this slightly shimmery brown in my crease. 




I am then doing a black pen eyeliner line along the lash line. My one is the soap and glory 'supercat' liner. 
To soften the line, I am using this black from my sleek pallete along the eyeliner line. 

Then apply your mascara

Eyes done! (Sorry I missed out my brows, use whatever you normally do! dont go over dramatic with them, keep them natural to keep the attention on the eye makeup. A brow gel would work well)

On the lips I am using this pretty, kissable ;) pop of colour pink. Its from the L'Oreal Cerise Rouge range in the colour 03. Its quite summery, but works great with this look.
Ta dah! 



I really think this look is cute and its not cakey, but it still looks like you have made an effort.  I'd call it classy! 
Obviously you could wear this look at any time , not just this friday. Hope you found the tutorial helpful, sorry I left a few little bits out by the way haha. 
Byeeee! xxx





















1 comment:

  1. I tagged you in the TMI tag! I'd love to see your answers in it :) xx
    http://dorkyfizzyandquirkystuff.blogspot.ie/2014/02/tmi-tag-get-to-know-me.html

    ReplyDelete

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.