Thursday, 7 August 2014

Back to School Drugstore Makeup Tutorial #backtoschoolwithphoebs

Hey! Its phoebs :)
Woo second post of the day! I am going to do another back to school post. I hope you guys are enjoying them haha. I am technically not allowed to wear makeup to school so I have kept this look very minimal. I think it is a look you can build on to suit you. Also all the products (except one) are drugstore so it is very affordable. Lets get started! 


On my face I will be applying the soap and glory kick ass concealer under my eyes and on redness/blemishes. I then applied the powder that came with the concealer on my 17 face brush.  For school I really like a matte finish, so you don't look all shiny. Then I am taking the L'Oreal True Match powder in Vanilla Rose all over my face. 
The pinker side is for under eyes and the right side is to cancel out redness. 
On my brows I am not doing a super strong brow. I am using the benefit Browzings to fill them in lightly. I love this so much, and it lasts all day. Really just use what you like doing to your brows, that could be just combing them or doing a full brow routine. 
The look so far. 
I use to love the collection lasting perfection concealer, but I find it a bit cakey now. I love it as an eye primer because it has great staying power. I used the concealer in the shade 1 (fair) all over my lids as it makes me look more awake. I then applied the white shade from my sleek pallete on the inner and outer corner of my eyes. Again this is to give the illusion of brighter, more awake eyes. I also used a tiny bit of the light brown colour in my crease to add more definition. If you wanted to build on this look, I would use an eyeliner, but because of my school rules, I wanted the look to be super natural. 
For mascara, I have discovered a trick that makes it look really natural. I curled my lashes, then held the mascara wand at the very root of my lashes for a couple of seconds. This sort of tightlines your eyes. Then I only applied mascara to the tips of my lashes, making them look naturally long. Simple, eh? 
This blush is super natural for school. I dusted the smallest amount on the apples of my cheeks with the real techniques contour brush. 
Finally for lips, I am using the maybelline baby lips in Pink Punch. 
This is the final look! I think it is very fresh and natural for school, so I hope this helps you out a little bit.
I hope you are enjoying my back to school series, I would love you to tell me what you think of it :)
Goodbye!x 













1 comment:

  1. I so want to Kick Ass Concealer, do you have a full review on it anywhere?
    Ruth
    ttyfrty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.