Saturday, 23 August 2014

Benefit Ultra Plush Lipgloss Dupe!

Hey! Its phoebs :)
My best friend Ellie recently posted a mac lipstick dupe post, which you can read hereAnyways it inspired me to have a search through my makeup to see if I had any dupes to show you, and I did!
My current favourite lipgloss is the Benefit Ultra Plush Lipgloss in A-Lister. It is a gorgeous pinky-nude colour which complements any makeup look- from a smokey eye, to winged liner, and even just mascara. I got the lipgloss a year or so ago as a birthday present, and it is around £20 which is pretty expensive for a lipgloss. I have found the ultimate dupe for £6.99. 

The dupe I found is the Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Just Peachy. As far as packaging goes, there are a few differences but overall, on the lips there is little difference. Lets get on with the comparison. 
I love how girlie the packaging of the benefit lipgloss (left) is. However, I prefer the Tanya Burr packaging because it is really chic and it looks expensive. Also the Tanya Burr Lipgloss is probably more safe in your bag, you never know when a lipgloss tube might explode! 

It is easier to apply more product onto the lips with the Tanya Burr Lipgloss, because of the applicator. Maybe you find squeezy tubes easier to use, however I am not so keen! 
Top: Benefit 
Below: Tanya Burr 

The benefit lipgloss is more of a pink colour wheras Tanya's is more nude. However on the lips not much difference can be seen. 
As Tanya's lipgloss is easier to apply, you get better colour pay off. However with both products I do have to blend woth my fingers do get the desired look, as they can both come off too strong. 

Left: Tanya Burr 
Right: Benefit

Overall, neither lipglosses are sticky and both last as long on the lips as a good lipgloss should. The one thing Tanya's has over Benefit's lipgloss is the smell. Wow Tanya's genuinely smells like sweets! I could sniff it all day, though that might look weird haha. 

If you are looking for a strong pinky nude lipgloss without breaking the bank, I would definately recommend Tanya Burr's Lipgloss in Just Peachy. It is avaliable in Superdrug and it is shipped worldwide from feel unique.  

Hope you enjoyed this post, I enjoy doing comparisons, so if you want me to compare any products please let me know. 
Goodbye!x 




4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog - love it!

    If you fancy reading some new beauty/fashion/lifestyle content, feel free to take a wander over to my page!

    trinketboxblog.blogspot.co.uk

    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It means a lot xx

    ReplyDelete

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.