Saturday, 9 August 2014

Book Review: The Duff by Kody Keplinger

Hey! Its phoebs :)

Today I have a book review! I love doing these but I haven't read much in a while and because I read this on holiday and loved it so much, I am going to tell you all about it :) 


The Duff is about a girl (Bianca Piper)  who has a troubled homelife. She is also constantly compared to her beautiful best friends. She needs an escape, and she gets one through the boy who first called her Duff (designated ugly fat friend), Wesley Rush. Wesley is your typical bad boy, chuck bass type character. All the girls want to get his attention, other than Bianca. Like her, Wesley also has a troubled homelife but is afraid to admit it. The story is about the issues Wesley and Bianca have, and how their emotions and feelings change. 

This book is great. I could not put it down. Immediately you are sucked into the story. I feel like every girl can relate slightly to Bianca. Also as much as you dislike Wesley, you love him really. He's every girls dream bad boy *sigh*. The story is full of twists, turns and drama. The book itself is quite easy to read, which is always a plus where holiday reading is concerned. Keplinger was just seventeen when she wrote it, which is quite remarkable. 

This book is pretty much what the teen genre is all about, in my opinion. I highly advise you to read it, if you havent already. If you have read it, tell me in the comments, I would love to know your thoughts. 

Hope you enjoyed this post! Have a fab day :)
Goodbye!x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.