Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Music Musings: Hoodie Allen

Hey! Its phoebs :)
A while back I did a post all about my love for the band Of Monsters and Men, which you can check out here.Right now I am going through an addiction to Hoodie Allens music, which is what I am going to talk to you about today.

Hoodie allen is an up and coming american rapper (he has a really good singing voice too) with various EP's and his new album, People Keep Talking came out just last week. It is not avaliable in the UK yet *sobs* but his new EP is, which is awesome. I first heard of Hoodie because youtubers such as alfie deyes used to use his older tracks in their videos as they had no copyright. If you watch youtubers like Pointless Blog and others, you will probably recognise Hoodies song, The Chase is On. 

Personally rapping is not my favourite genre of music, I love alternative rock the most (Imagine Dragons, Arctic Monkeys) . However, Hoodies rapping is different from the rappers you see featured in pop songs. There seems something more genuine about him. His song All About It features Ed Sheeran and if Ed likes Hoodie, you should all like Hoodie haha. 

Hoodies new EP features five songs, my favourite being Dumb for You. It is so catchy and shows off Hoodies singing style. My favourite lyrics are 'you're everything I want and you're not mine' I just think its very understandable. That was a bit of a boring adjective to describe my favourite bit of the song, but anyways.  The fact that Hoodie collabed with Ed Sheeran ( the song is awesome too) shows that Hoodie is going places. I would love in maybe a couple years time for Hoodie to be one of the top rappers out there, I think he could be.

Even if rap is not your thing, go give his new EP (All About It) a listen, it is very catchy on not like your typical rap music. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, I would love to know if any of you guys love Hoodie! Also fan girl moment, Hoodie replied and favourited my tweet ! 
Goodbye!x 


1 comment:

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.