Monday, 15 December 2014

Winter Day to Night Makeup Look

Hey! Its phoebs :)
Merry Christmas! I am feeling positively festive, with lots more Christmas posts to come (check my last one out here)As it is Christmas party season I thought I would show you some festive makeup. I am also combining this with my everyday winter makeup look too. There is some jazzed up winged liner (made super easy) with the possibility to add a red lip. I personally didn't wear a red lip just because I wore the 'night' look during the day, what a rebel I am haha. Lets get started.
First I am starting with my base. I used the maybelline dream fresh BB cream on my face and the Urban Decay Primer Potion on my lids. I use the primer sparingly, as mine is only a tiny sample size. 
Next off I did my eye makeup. I am sososo sorry I always use the naked pallete, but I love it to death. All you really need for the day look is two different shades of brown. I applied the lighter brown on a flat brush all over my lid, then the darker brown on a fluffy brush in my crease. Then blend. 
I then curled my lashes and applied mascara just to my upper lashes. 

I then went back to my base, applying under eye concealer (maybelline fit me) and concealer on my blemishes (L'Oreal True Match) with my Real Techniques pointed foundation brush.
I powdered with the L'Oreal True Match powder, which I recently hit pan on. It is clearly well loved.

For brows I filled them in as I normally would with benefit browzings. I applied a tinted red lip balm for my lips, and the day look is complete!

Onto the evening party look. Firstly, I reapplied concealer where needed, and used a translucent powder on top, to avoid cakeyness. 

For eyes, I used black eyeshadow to do a winged liner. I followed my lower lashline and used the line the angled brush gave for the flick. Then, to add a festive feel I did the same with a gold shade above the black wing. I left it like this, but for maximum effect I would go over the black wing with liquid liner and apply the gold wing on a slightly damp brush. Finally, I tightlined my eyes for the effect of thicker lashes.

Then for my cheeks, I used a natural collection blush in the shade Sugar Plum on my cheeks, and as it is quite dark I used it as a slight contour too. I highlighted my cheekbones with a really old bourjois pearl eyeshadow, which looks lovely.
For lips, I applied a pink lipgloss because as I said, I wore this look in the day, but I would definately wear a red lip at night. I use the rimmel moisture renew red lipstick. 
That is my whole makeup look! Hope you enjoyed. If you recreated either look or just a part of it, I would love to see, so please contact me :) whats your favourite festive beauty trend?
Merry Christmas!x



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.