Friday, 2 January 2015

2014 Favourites! Beauty, Random

Hey! Its phoebs :)
I have already read a lot of these posts so I am a bit late with this, even if it is only the 2nd of January. Last year (well I suppose it was posted in 2013 so TWO years ago) I posted my yearly favourites, so if you want to compare them you can do so here.This year the post will be more based on makeup. I have recently began a new skincare routine so if you want to see what I'm doing for that you should read my Winter Day In The Life.  As for haircare I'm not sure I have favourites haha, but I may do a hair routine in the future. 



Foundations and Concealers: I try not to wear foundation on a daily basis, but my go to foundation has to be the Max Factor Face Finity 3 in 1 Foundation. Long name haha. This is also the same as the Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation I believe. Its medium coverge and feels like nothing on the skin. You can get away with just this but I like using concealer too. I chop and change concealers, but I have nearly finished the bottle of Loreal True Match and I still love it haha. For BB cream I love the garnier one. The shade range is awful and I hated this for the longest time, but it became my holy grail in the summer as I was tanned, so the colour worked. 

Powder: I love the soap and glory Kick Ass Powder. Mine is currently broken so theres no picture, but this is literally the only powder I use over foundation/concealer. 

Blush and Bronzer: This year I got into bronzer, and the Boujois bronzer was the perfect way to do so. Its not too heavy and dark, but it wasn't too light that it was pointless. As for blush this is the same as last years, its the Benefit Rockateur. Its so beautiful, you can't go wrong with a benefit boxed blush haha.

Eyeshadow: For those of you who are frequent readers of my blog, this is no surprise. Urban Decays Naked Pallete is basically the only pallete I use. I love it to death and cannot thank my friends enough for getting me this. Its so gorgeous! 
Other Eye Products: This was basically my excuse to feature my maybelline colour tattoos. The pigmentation of these cream eyeshadows is crazy, and for £4.99 , every beauty junkie needs them.

Mascara and Eyeliner: Again, little surprise here but my favourite mascara has to be the Benefit They're Real! Mascara. Need I say more about it? I completely forgot to take a picture, but my favourite eyeliner is the Soap and Glory Supercat Felt Tip Liner. Ironically I didn't take pictures of either soap and glory product haha. I do love them, promise!

 For brows, the only product is use when I want strong brows is the benefit browzings. Its the perfect match for my dark brows, and its easy to controll the amount of product I put on my brows with this. Unfortunately the lid came off which is a bit of an issue when travelling, but ah well. 

Lips: I did the same last year, but I genuinely don't have a favourite lip product! I just haven't found my holy grail colour yet. I really want to buy more drugstore lip products, so please leave your suggestions in the comments or tweet me (@ThisChicGeek) 

Onto the random favourites!
Band: 2014 was the year I truly discovered imagine dragons. I remember someone tweeting me telling me to get their album, and whoever that was, that you so much! I love everything about them. Whos excited for their new album, smoke and mirrors?!?
Artist: I couldnt not mention Ed Sheeran. His album X is perfection. I may even buy his old album, just to have even more if his music to listen to.
TV Show: xoxo GOSSIP GIRL!!!! God I watched all 6 seasons this year, I even own a chuck bass cardboad cut out (thanks to my friends) . Its so amazing, if your into shows like 90210 or Pretty Little Liars (which i just starting watching) gossip girl will rule your world.
Drink: Coffee. In particular Nespresso Caramel Coffee. 

That is all the favourites for 2014! I hope you enjoyed. The whole festive season is really coming to a close and I am so sad about it! Lets just hope 2015 is really awesome. 
Goodbye!x 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.