Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Book Review: Isn't She Lovely by Lauren Layne

Hey! Its Phoebs :)
I'm here with another book review! This is a book I read over the Christmas Holidays (doesn't that feel like forever ago) which I really loved.

Isn't She Lovely, by Lauren Lane is a modern version of Pretty Women. I have not read Pretty Women but this book is not like a classic. It is an amazing story (if you've read my past book reviews a common theme in books I like is love haha) about a trouble college goth who meets a preppy, high society guy through a summer film class, and they both have to work together. When Stephanie has no place to live Ethan offers her a room on the condition she pretends to be his girlfriend infront of his parents. This involves her becomming a classic pretty girl. This situation has many complications and many secrets are revealed. 

This book is so hard to put down. If your not into teenage/romantic novels, this probably isn't for you, but its such a cute book with so many twists and turns. The writing style is relatable and draws you into the story. The book is written from both Ethan and Stephanies perspectives, which is great for a well rounded view of the story, in my opinion. There are some quite steamy scenes so I wouldn't recommend it for younger readers, haha. 

Thinking about it, if these characters were on their own in different books, I probably wouldn't of liked them, but together, how they connected was genius. Their dialouges could be light and amusing, to very intense. But not like Twilight or anything, haha. I feel this review hasn't been as detailed as usual, but it is just a book you have to read, you will fall in love with it.

I hope you enjoyed this post and if you have any book recomendations, let me know!
Goodbye!x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.