Saturday, 3 January 2015

How To Enjoy January

Hey! Its phoebs :)
I find January can be a bit suckish, because Christmas is over, life returns to normal, and with that comes stress and problems. I'm really only a kid, and I don't want to really call this 'advice', its just tips to kick your year off the best way you can.

I love Christmas because of all the decorations, and I find our house always looks really dull without them, especially right after they are taken down. I would suggest to spice up your house a little bit after.   Maybe get some cool cushions for your sofa or buy some new lampshades. And if you can't really afford little home improvements right now, save up so you have some motivation, and it will make it even more special when you can buy them. If your a teenager like myself, maybe do some cool DIY's in your room, change the photo you have in a picture frame, or just rearrange your room. Just because the Christmas decorations are gone, doesn't mean your space has to be boring. 
I rearranged my window sill. One jar is for 2015 memories and the other is for when I find quotes I like. 

Christmas is a very social time, and in a way January is quite nice because you can relax and not worry about going out. But to keep that positive energy you had during the festive period, arrange to do something with your friends in January. Keeping busy is a great way to stay happy, and gives you something to look forward to throughout the week. Maybe catch up with old friends or go see a film with new people, it will still boost your mood, whatever you decide.

My next tip to enjoying january is having the right mindset. Think of the new year as a fresh start (however cheesy that is) because you can change how you see the world and how the world sees you.  Everything about this year is new, nothing has gone wrong yet, so try to keep it that way. If your stressing out about going back to school/work, think of why you are feeling stressed about it, and realise that the stressy things happened last year, they havent happened yet this year. So try and prevent them. If you do have a bad week, think of the last time you had a good week, or even just a good day, and figure out what made it so good. Then apply that feeling to your current week, if that makes any sense haha. 

Finally, if you are having problems, from something little to something quite serious, talk to someone. Get help, because someone out there loves you and will support you no matter what. If there are crappy people in your life, try and distance yourself from them. If your at a low point in your life, remember things can only get better, and you are not alone. 
Anyhoo, I hope you enjoyed the post and if the above tips don't work for you, theres always retail therapy! January sales are on after all haha. Only joking.
Goodbye!x


5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the quote jar, they look so cute as well!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've seen the memory jar before but not a quote jar, and I thought it would motivate me at the start of 2016 when I read them. Haha I plan far too far in advance =D xo

      Delete
    2. Planning in advance is never a bad thing! I probs should do it waaay more!xxx

      http://eloquentstorm.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  2. Your advice is really good! It's my birthday in January but you're right when you say that after Christmas there is not always a lot to look forward to! xxx

    lordlaura.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Ooh happy early birthday! xo

      Delete

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.