Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Shower Routine!

Hey! Its Phoebs :)
Shower routines aren't something I see floating around the internet as much as other routines, but I am really enjoying my current routine so I wanted to share it with you. Lets get started!

I brush my hair before I get into the shower just to minimise knots afterwards, but I still get a lot haha. Just so you know I wash my hair every other day, because my hair has a tendency to get greasy. I also take my makeup off before I shower

Once I'm in the shower I focus on my hair first. I use the Argan Oil of Morroco Shampoo, and I try to lather this into my scalp for a minute or so. I love this shampoo as it is oil based, so it is very nourishing for the hair and adds to the smooth feel of the hair, I then proceed to rince it out, and I do this for a good while too, because when I don't rinse out products properly my hair gets stickier and greasier, which is not what we want!  

Next up I apply my Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner primarly to the ends of my hair, and with any excess I work the product up my hair too. This has a gorgeous scent that blends perfectly with the shampoo. It has a thick consistancy and provides hydration to the ends of my hair, keeping them from drying out. I leave this in for 3 minutes or so.

Whilst the conditioner is 'setting', I use a light exfoliator on my face which helps fight acne/blemishes. I love using this as it makes my face feel really clean. I love the natural, apricot feel of this particupar one too. 

Next I wash my body with the Nivea Shower Cream. I switch between this one, the pearl and beauty shower cream and the Soap and Glory clean on me. It really depends whats in the shop. I am all for creamy shower products over gel ones, which I think can be a bit sticky.


Once I have done both of these things I proceed to wash the conditioner off my hair. And then I'm done! Once out of the shower I keep my hair in a shower cap rather than a towel turban because it does not tangle my hair as much. I also think there is a scientific reason why towel turbans are bad for your hair but I cannot remember what it is haha. 

That is my shower routine, I hope you enjoyed. Do you have any favourite shower products? Anything you can recommend to me? Have a good week.
Goodbye!x 

3 comments:

  1. I love St. Ives exfoliator! It's so good isn't it? It makes my skin feel refreshed and so soft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I got it recently and it really does beat all other exfoliators I have previously used :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, Phoebs! I love Aussie and Nivea products. I'm going to have to try that shampoo. Looks pretty cool! xx

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.