Tuesday, 26 May 2015

How To Get Soft, Textured Hair Without Going To the Salon

Hey! Its Phoebs :) 
Generally, I am useless at hair, I find blow drying my hair such a hassle! I discovered this trick on the off chance, and I couldnt be more happy with it. It saves so much time but looks like you have walked out of the salon. 
Wash your hair as you would usually. 
This trick won't work on dripping wet hair. The hair doesn't have to be basically dry, just wait until it is not soaking. You could speed this up by giving your hair a quick blast with the hair dryer (tipping your head upside down adds extra volume) or towel drying your hair. 
Once your hair is at this stage, tie it in a bun. The bun can be high or low, I have tried it both ways and hair still feels soft. Try it both ways and tweet me (@ThisChicGeek) which one you prefer! 
It doesn't have to be really neat, just a quick, easy bun.
Now all you do is sleep! I leave the bun in overnight usually, though this trick works well when you wash your hair in the morning and you have to leave in a rush, just tie your (not too) wet hair in a bun. 

After you've slept/finished your daily activites, take out the bun. You should be left with soft, textured hair. It will be slightly damp, so blast your hair with a hair dryer to finish the look. This will take less than 5mins and you will be left with gorgeous, shiny, voluminous hair. This is great if you did it the night before and now have a simple hairstyle for school/work or if you left the bun in during the day, add a little volume spray and you will have fabulous hair for a night out! 

There you go, soft, sexy hair perfect for any occasion. Please tweet me if you recreate this/have any more hair life hacks for lazy people like myself! This week I have a whole host of how-tos coming up, so comment below what you want to see. 
Goodbye!x 



1 comment:

  1. This is a really nice post and you really suit your hair like this Phoebe!

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.