Sunday, 20 September 2015

My Top 5 Dark Lipstick Colours

I am a sucker for dark lipsticks. I wear them all year round, however I find more people tend to wear them in Autumn and Winter. As we are heading into Autumn I thought this would be the perfect time to write this post! All, except one of these lip products are drugstore, so that's even better :) 

I tried to be all artistic and go from lightest to darkest, though on the lips the two darkest colours might be the wrong way round. Hey, at least I tried haha. 

1. Clinique Chubby Stick in 08 Grandest Grape. 
This was one of the first darker colours I ever bought, simply because it is so buildable. This can be so subtle or so intense, which is great. As it has a balm like texture the finish is creamy, meaning it does come off the lips quite easily, though I have found it almosts stains the lips. For example, I have had a meal with this on and it still looks like my lips have a purple ish tint to them. 

2. Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 170 Alarm
I got this lipstick because I wanted to try out another range of lipsticks from Rimmel as I had only tried Kate Moss lipsticks. This did not disappoint. I believe I got this for £4.99 which is a bargin for such a pigmented colour! This lipstick is creamy to apply so it doesn't cling to dry areas on your lips, yet it isn't  creamy looking on the lips. The staying power isn't the best, though with a red lipliner this works a treat. I wore this so much around Christmas time last year and I will probably wear it this Christmas too. It is such a beautiful red! 

3. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107 
I know, this lipstick is so hyped up but for good reason. This is such a gorgeous dark pink/red and stays on for so long. It isn't matte but it isn't all that creamy, and I love the finish of it. I wouldn't advice wearing this if you have extremely dry lips, but generally this is a brilliant colour. I also like to blend this in with my fingers for a pinky lip stain. 

4. Covergirl Queen Collection Lipstick in Q410, Burgendelicious 
I bought this when I was in America this Summer and I have been dying to talk to you guys about it ever since. I have never seen a colour like this anywhere. It has almost a brown undertone but there is a gold sheen running through the whole lipstick. I know Max Factor and Covergirl are the same brand so I looked up the Max Factor Version of this, however the Queen Collection is a makeup collection for darker skinned women and I'm not sure they have that at Max Factor! *cries* I assume I'm not Covergirls target buyer for this lipstick but it looks so unique I love it! It is a bit of a hassle to apply and it doesn't have the best staying power but the colour is so amazing, I cannot complain. 

5. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Crème in 477 Black Cherry
This lipstick is also very hyped up, but it is the ultimate dark colour! I also love the packaging of this lipstick, it looks so expensive! The pigmentation of this product is brilliant. I love the finish of the lipstick but it takes a little longer to apply, because of how dark the colour is. The swatch makes it look darker than the covergirl lipstick, though on the lips the covergirl lipstick looks darker. What do you guys think? I got this fairly recently so I haven't yet worn it for a longer period of time, so if you have this lipstick, please comment below and let me know what the staying power is like. 

That's all for my dark lipsticks, I hope you enjoyed it. Which colour was your favourite? At the moment mine is the Covergirl lipstick, though I do love all of them dearly! I would really like to find a dark matte lipstick, so if you have one you would like to recommend, please let me know.
xo






No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.