Sunday, 18 October 2015

Halloween Party Makeup Idea: Sultry Cat

I know, I know. Cat makeup looks are all over youtube. However, in previous years on this blog I have done more scary halloween tutorials (they are admittedly cringey but ah well) and this year I really wanted to do a more sultry look for you all. Not going to lie, I'm so proud of the makeup look (except the cat whiskers) so I hope you enjoy reading how to do it. 


Firstly, I primed my eyelids and used one of those post it notes to create a crisp edge (and a killer wing) 
I am going to be using a lot of the Benefit Smokin Eyes palette. I first took the grey colour, and blended it into my crease and only the edge of the post it note. To deepen the look, I did the same with this grey colour from The Body Shop Brow and Liner Duo. 

I then went on to apply toasted from the Naked palette in the centre of my lid. I next applied the black from the Benefit palette (mentioned above) like how I would apply winged liner, except the wing will be much longer! I then blended this colour in with the grey from the same palette. 

I then re applied the black eyeshadow in the same way, but I didn't blend it out this time. We blended it out the first time for added intensity. I then removed the post it note, and using the crisp edge as a guideline, I created a long black wing using my Supercat liner by soap and glory. It's really important to make sure this is precise, so a felt tip liner really helps. I elongated this line into my inner corner too. 

I then left the eyes for a while, and did my usual concealer and powder routine. I then contoured my face using the Nyx Wonderstick (which, by the way, is awesome) under my cheekbones and extended the line to my chin and really blended this out. For the look we want a really angular face, which I am not naturally blessed with, so don't be afraid to amp up the contour. It is halloween after all. I then used the Benetint cheek stain for a cute colour, and I highlighted my face using the Balm's Mary-Louminizer. I then went back to my eyes and applied this Barry M glitter dust to my inner corners for extra sparkle. 
 (Apologies for the cringey facial expression!) 

The next step was to fill in my brows (I would fill them in a bit more than you usually would for added drama) and retouch up on the eye makeup. I added a bit more of 'Hustle' to the centre of the lid and neatened up my winged liner. I then applied the kohl eyeliner from the benefit palette to my tightline and waterline, which I think really added to the look. I finally curled my lashes and applied my Rimmel WonderFull mascara quite thickly to my top and bottom lashes. 
As you can see, I attempted cat whiskers, however they are pretty shocking because I went straight in with liquid liner, and mine was drying out. I would recommend going in with a kohl liner first! 

Looking back, I quite like the look without the deep lips, but as it is halloween, you have to go all out! I lined the outer corners of my lips with a kohl liner, then applied the Kate Moss 107 lipstick on the top. I then used the black shadow from the Benefit palette to mattify the lips and darken it further. Then I popped on some cat ears and we're done! 

 I really hope you enjoyed this look, if you have any questions let me know. I don't tend to do full on tutorials anymore just because it is pretty difficult trying to explain a whole makeup look in a post! If you like them, I woud love to know. Or if you have any post requests in general, that would be fab.
Happy Halloween!
xo














No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.