Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Updated Makeup Brush Collection 2015!

This post has been a long time coming. I did my original makeup brush collection last year, and for a long time it was one of my most popular posts. Since that post, my brush collection has grown and in my opinion, improved. Makeup brushes are so important for makeup application. I'm not trying to brag by writing this post, but since you seemed to love the original post so much, i thought it was time to update you all :)

(Side note, I won't be showing you every single brush, only my most loved ones. Plus you can check out the original post if you want to see more) 


Foundation, concealer and powder: 

The top brush I am holding up is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I know this is so hyped up in the beauty community, but for good reason. I use this brush to apply foundation (although I am not a frequent foundation user) and concealer. I love this for concealer because it is a lot bigger than the brush below, so it takes less time. It is very dense, and just awesome. I can imagine this also being great for contour. It is so versatile, everyone needs this! 

The middle brush is the Real Techniques Crease Brush. This is meant for the eyes, but for an eye brush this is very large. I am a teenage girl, therefore making me prone to spots. I love using this brush to pinpoint spots and really conceal the problem area. Okay, this brush isn't great when you're in a rush as you do need time for this technique, but I still highly recommend it. 

The bottom brush is the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I'm sure I showed this in my original collection, but I still love it! It is great for foundation and concealer as well as powder. I use this for powders that give coverage as opposed to translucent powders. This is also great if you used too much blush/bronzer/highlight, because you can blend it out with this and patte it down, to mute the colour. 

Blush, Bronzer and Highlight

The top brush is the Real Techniques Blush Brush. It looks a bit dirty in the photo, whoops! I like this brush because it feels so soft on the face, however it is quite large for a blush brush and I personally only use a tiny amount of blush. I do think you could use this for all over powder or even bronzer too, so it is worth a purchase. 

The middle brush is a 17 Brush I got a long time ago. For actual contour, I use the benefit Hoola Bronzer and the brush that came with that. However I love this brush for an all over, sunny glow. It isso soft and applies just the right amount of product. I used to use is this for translucent powder, so again it is versatile. Most of my brushes do have multiple uses but I think thats a good thing, because you know you're getting your moneysworth. 

The final brush is the Real Techniques Contour Brush. I love this for sweeping highlight over the tops of my cheekbones, as it is so small and also tapered, which is really handy so you don't over apply. 

Gel Liner, Lower Lashline and Eyelid:


The first brush out of the three is the Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush. So many of my brushes are Real Techniques, but they are such great quality and so affordable! I don't currently get too much use out of this, as my gel liner phase didn't last long haha. 

The middle brush is the Real Techniques Accent Brush. You wouldn't this this is usesful but it truely is. I use this to smudge out kohl liner, to apply colour on my lower lashline and even to set my liquid liner. This brush is understated, but such a nifty little brush. 

I'm not sure of the name of the bottom brush, but it came in the Real Techniques Starter Kit Set. I use this brush all over my lid to pack on shadow, as well as in the crease, because it is just about fluffy enough to do so. 

Mini's: 
The two red brushes are from Revlon. The one with a white tip is a concealer brush, however I use it to pack on shadow. It works particularly well with loose shadows, as it is so flat. The other brush is a crease brush which I love, it is so fluffy and slightly tapered, so it gives a great result. Though every time I clean it, its shape gets lost a little bit more, so be careful of that. But for a few quid, can you complain? The other two brushes are from eco tools. Personally I don't use them all that much, but if you are just starting out with makeup, I can see these being very useful.

Duo ended: 

These brushes are all from ecotools, and I purchases them on amazon for just over £10, I think. When I ordered these I didn't realise they were duo ended, so it was a pleasant surprise when I opened them that they were! These are all such good quality and all very useable. I would highly recommend eco tools brushes. I also love these for travel, as you have all that you really need in here. 

That is all the makeup brushes I had to show you today, I hope you enjoyed. Remember to follow the blog on Bloglovin (I would love 150 followers by halloween) and click on the 'My Links' tab so stalk all my social media, haha. 
xo









No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.