Monday, 2 November 2015

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Plumping Lipgloss Review

I like to tell myself I bought this purely for experimental reasons. I am so intruiged by the big lips trend! I'm not particularly self consious about my own lips, I over draw them from time to time mainly for fun, because I do love makeup. Anyways, I picked this up in Boots about 2 weeks ago and I had to share my thoughts, because Kylie Jenner Lips are still a big craze. If you want to see my tutorial on big lips, click here.


This lipgloss set me back £9, which for a drugstore lipgloss is rather pricey, however for a lip plumper it was good value, as lip plumpers are typically a high end thing. On the Soap and Glory website, they say the lipgloss has 'plumping spheres, which explode in volume when they meet the moisture on your lips. Plus lipswell Natural Plant Oil Infusion' all which should make your lips bigger and fuller. All the science is there I suppose! The most common thing I have heard about this lipgloss is the tingling sensation that it brings, and this is definitely there. By no means is it painful, but it does surprise you, despite it being said on the packaging. It subsides after about 15mins to a minty, cool feeling on the lips. 

In terms of the plumping, in general lipglosses do make your lips look slightly larger, but as you can see from the before and after photo, this more so gives my lips shape as opposed to generally larger. They look more juicy and slightly swollen, which is the effect we're after. It does lessen as the day wears on, but another coat will keep up the effect. 

 There were a variety of nudes and pinks to choose from, and I settled for 'Bare Enough'. I love the colour, I find the gloss is the perfect daily shade, plus it would look gorgeous with a smokey eye. It is supposed to be chocolate orange scented, and I'm not sure how well that is translated, I'm not a huge fan of the smell. The applicator is typical of any lipgloss. 


Overall I'm happy with the product, I love using this on a day to day basis, admittedly not for the plumping effects but more for the colour. If you're interested in the lip plumping trend pick this one up, it is a fun idea and to a certain extent, it works. 

I hope you enjoyed this post! I haven't done a review in ages, so I hope it was helpful. I can't believe it is already November, the year is flying by! 
xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading all your lovely comments! I reply to all comments I receive and try to reply asap.